Monday, March 5, 2012

What Seems to be the Problem? (a sentiment)

Yesterday, I read an article about the DOLE secretary advising unemployed nurses (ahem) to take BPO jobs. I commend her for that. Over the years, the nursing population have seen big growth mainly because it is an in-demand opportunity abroad. It was only last year when the government took notice of how overpopulated we are.
DOH then made something up. The famed RN HEALS program. I would have applied if I was not discouraged by the "backer" system. It works this way: you need to have an aunt (or a mother, or a brother, or a family friend) way up the organizational chart so you would have more chances of being hired. The higher you know you "backer", the more chances of "winning".
I feel really sad about the silence of the Board of Nursing on this unemployment issue. Yes, they are raising the standards of the nursing profession in the country but as far as I know it, I haven't read an article (or watch something on the TV) from them. Well, except the ENTREPRENURSE (which they glorified in the July 2011 NLE) which I have no idea what is.

So, in the end, I am heeding the DOLE secretary's advise. Take a BPO job.
Thank you Ma'am Baldoz.

No comments: